Our Club | Our Mission
At the Boys & Girls Club of Moorpark, we serve with one purpose:
To inspire and enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Our dedicated staff strive to provide a world-class Club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors. Our programs are developed to promote the Club’s priority outcomes of Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Healthy Lifestyles.
Before & After School and Summer Enrichment Programs
The Boys and Girls Club of Moorpark provides after school and summer programs full of education and enrichment for children and families, especially those from low-income households. Most importantly, the Club helps those who need it most! We currently serve over 425 youth daily and over 2,300 annually through various programs at five sites.
- Before and After School Programs. A safe, positive and educational environment where children spend their mornings and afternoons learning and growing.
- Sports Programs. Supports physical fitness and academic achievement through competitive and recreational athletics.
- Summer Camp. A full day summer camp that includes our Summer Brain Gain program, field trips, sports, games and much more.
Our Formula For Impact
Formula for Impact is a research-based theory of change that describes how we will increase our impact – exponentially – on the young people in Moorpark. It is a road map used to ensure that members have a life-changing Club experience and leave the Club knowing they will have a great future.
- Academic and Tutoring Programs. Our programs foster life-long learners by supporting academic success with tools for the 21st century.
- Good Character & Citizenship Programs: Develop a positive self-image and good character while respecting their own and others' cultural identities.
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs: We teach Club youth how to adopt a healthy diet, practice healthy lifestyle choices and to make a lifelong commitment to fitness.
Did you know? For every $1 spent Boys & Girls Clubs in Ventura County generate $15.45 of positive economic impact in the region.
What Our Club Members Say About Us...
93.7% of parents said that the Club is the only program which they can send their children.
90.1% of parents agree or strongly agree that their children talk about higher education and its importance in their lives..
85% said that adult Club staff made a difference in their knowing right from wrong.
90% said the Club was the best thing available to them in their neighborhood.
The Boys and Girls Club of Moorpark has volunteer opportunities for you to become involved and help shape the future of young lives in our community. We are always looking for talented and inspiring individuals in our very own city of Moorpark. Working together, we can reach the next generation of youth who will transform themselves, and our community for the better. For more information,
please contact Sylvia V. Henry, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 529-1140 ext. 104.